2. Research and evidence on co-occurrence of ADHD and gambling disorder
3. Assessment of ADHD
4. Treatment strategies to address gambling issues when complicated by co-occurring ADHD
This webinar will present a description of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and a brief overview of the evidence for high rates of co-occurrence among individuals diagnosed with a gambling disorder. Common signs and symptoms of ADHD will be described and assessment strategies discussed. Ways in which ADHD interacts with gambling disorder will be presented and treatment strategies for addressing gambling problems when complicated by ADHD will reviewed.
1. Participants will be able to identify common signs and symptoms of ADHD
2. Participants will be understand the research evidence for prevalence and nature of ADHD among individuals with gambling disorder
3. Participants will gain an awareness of ways in which ADHD interacts with gambling disorder.
4. Participants will be able to design and modify treatment approaches to effectively treatment gambling problems in light of the co-occurring complication of ADHD.